Good complete images are important

Sellers, please do not crop the image so close to the edge that the card appears to have sharp-corners and no edge wear! I generally will not buy if the image is cropped like that. If this is how your scanner works, check to see if there is a setting to adjust it, or do something to provide a background around the card.

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hello James

Good point. Would you please check my cards and let me know if scans look okay?

Have A Great Holiday Weekend
    https://www.hippostcard.com/store/jc-postcard-shop
  • John,
    Yes your images are good. They also have enough background border to allow for the image magnifier problem where it does not quite go all the way to the very edge of the image.
  • James - Could I impose upon you to take a look at my store as well? As a seasoned buyer, I'd find any input from you valuable in terms of images, descriptions, etc.
    As a relative newcomer, I need all the help I can get to get my store kick-started.

https://www.hippostcard.com/store/docgfd-postcards
  • Hi George,
    The only criticism I'd have of your listings is the white background for your images. This makes the condition of the edges a bit hard to determine sometimes, and especially if the edge of the card is white. (As many are, and most of the backs of the cards are.) A not too dark non-white colour behind the card when it's scanned or photographed can make the edges easier to see.
  • George,
    Images and descriptions are OK, and I appreciate having photos of the back sides. I agree with the previous comment from Attic about the background color - not white as some are, and not black as some others are. And definitely not cropped right to the edge as some (older listings?) are.
  • Thanks guys ! All of the stamps I have listed on HipStamps are in black mounts, so I can't believe it never occurred to me to have something in the background for PC's, which, obviously makes good sense. Not that I have the energy to redo all of my previous images, but all future listings (and I have a mountain of them to get through) will have background contrast.
    Cheers !