Newbie help - nobody is looking at our listings

Hi everyone,

I'm helping my FIL sell his 60k+ postcards that he's collected over his lifetime. It is high quality stuff and he used to sell at shows when he was younger. We've only listed about 10 and it's only been a little over a week, but most of our listings don't even have any views. Any advice on how to start?

Specifically, I'd like to ask these questions, but really any help is GREATLY appreciated:
Do auctions sell better than store listings?
What are people looking for? Like do they want cheaper/quantity or highest quality postcards? Sets? Something else?

Thank you so much for anyone taking the time to read and respond. He's an amazing guy and has really great stuff, but it doesn't matter if nobody ever sees it.

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I can only parrot what's been said to me. I've been told that the more items one has in a store, the better the odds are that you will make sales. My store only has around 900 listings and that's just a drop in the bucket compared to some stores here. My sales have been light and sporadic, and I can't really provide a trend as they've been all over the place (U.S. linen and chromes to foreign to WWI topics, from inexpensive to more expensive). Also keep in mind that summer is here, and many will be busy with other things. All I can suggest is load up on your store and keep your fingers crossed!