Insanity

Just received the following feedback - be warned. Yes I requested adjustment through contact and yes I am going to politely tell him/her to take their business elsewhere - we need to be able to block bidders.

Very HIGH P&H charge of $2 on a purchase of $3.75 considering that the item was sent in a regular envelope with a 1st class stamp ! - Card was good - Prompt Delivery - MUST do better about P&H

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • There are collectors who are cheapskates and have never attempted to operate a business in the real world and they can drive a business person nuts. They generally ignore the posted information on shipping costs, and probably don't have the brains to figure out the handling part of S & H. Where I live and work the minimum wage is CAD$14 per hour or .233 cents per minute. If it takes 5 minutes to get a shipment ready that is a labour cost of 1.16, plus the cost of an envelope and any stiffener. I then have to pay Canada Post 1.30 to mail to the US - so to me $2 is a realistic charge, and in fact probably less than the actual cost.
  • I got another one for the books on ebay....
    Postcard buyer left: Nice postcard, little pricey, but bought anyway.... (positive feedback).

The grand total was... wait for it, wait for it....;. $4.99 including free s+h.

This really bothered me. I know I should just shrug it off, but dude. How much money did I make broken down to an hourly pay buying, scanning, listing, shipping that thing for free....

SMH

• I'm not a seller and only a small buyer but it seems to me that if a customer buys an item and pays for it and pays for the s&h, then they shouldn't complain about the price.
    Don't like the price? Don't buy it. Simple.
    A suggestion for buyers: When you find something you like and want, put it in you cart then search through the sellers inventory. You'll probably find some more things you like and add them to your cart. When you checkout, the s&h charge will seem very reasonable. $3.00 s&h on a $20.00 order is way better than $3.00 on a single $1.25 postcard.
    You're welcome.
  • Gee, I just started here. Ebay has decided to over charge for their idea of "Managed Payments" They want to control everything and break away from Pay Pal. I have started listing in the Auction format. I am also bringing over all my followers from Ebay. Maybe if you're lucky, they will buy from you too. Now, I sell a lot of cards. I drive taxi three days per week and can be in the taxi for 12 to 15 hours per day. 31 years of it. I start my auctions at $1 unless the card is damaged and then it starts at $0.25 or $0.10 if it is in Bad Shape. I don't care if I list a Hot Air Balloon Race or a boring Street Scene, They start at $1. It gets better: If you buy 5 or more cards per invoice from me, I give FREE POSTAGE to anywhere in the world. That's right, FREE. I don't care if you buy 5 cards and want them sent to China or Russia or the North Pole.
    You want more sales on something you didn't pay that much for and want to make more money at this hobby, you have to use simple marketing. I don't need to run sales. Every day is a sale day.
    Hope you guys all get some extra sales from my buyers lingering around. Feel free to check out my auctions and soon items at fixed prices in the store, Probably for $1.50 to $2.00 with the same shipping deal. I haven't figured out any way to fix the invoices, so I guess I have to refund shipping on those bigger orders. Just give me time to do it. I am here to enjoy the hobby.