I have a collection of post cards, how do I sell them

I have a collection of old postcards and would like some information on how to tell if they're worth anything and worth selling.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Not so easy to answer. How many postcards are in your collection? Time range?
    I'd randomly pick a few and try to find them online, either here or on eBay. Check the prices. Then calculate multiplying it with the total of cards in your collection.
    I'd also check if there are any RPPC, they are more valuable. Are there any very old ones (pre 1930)? They may be more costly.
    You can also spread them on a table etc, make a few photos and put the whole bunch on an online auction withz a low starting bid. Bidding prices will adjust :-)
  • edited December 2019 1 LikesVote Down
    When checking 'online' do yourself a favor and check SOLD items, not what some dreamers are asking for. Then when you come up with a fair retail price idea, take off 90% off that and that MIGHT be a price you can get. To be honest. Unless you have some rare stuff, you likely won;t get much for it. There are just too darn many cards out there. And when you look at asking prices on eBay etc, keep in mind there are about 11-12% fees for any sale the seller has to pay. Plus monthly listing fees until they sell. Those add up quick! Plus the time and labor cost to get them listed in the first place.
    I get most my cards for resale for 10-20 cents each.