Shipping Labels-Tracking

Any chance you could set up something so you can print out tracking labels on sight

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You can print shipping/tracking labels on Paypal.
  • Not for the thin items. It has to be a real thick package and that is not a postcard
  • USPS tracking is not available anymore for regular first class mail (thin). only for first class parcels. You can get certificates of mailing and return receipts - see:

https://faq.usps.com/s/article/What-Domestic-Mail-Extra-Services-are-Available?r=8&ui-force-components-controllers-recordGlobalValueProvider.RecordGvp.getRecord=1
  • Parcels can still be thin I ship them and do them all the time on ebay. Just has to be in a stayflat
  • "Not for the thin items. It has to be a real thick package and that is not a postcard "

What exactly are you mailing that Paypal does not allow you to print a label for ???? I ship stay flats either as first class non-machinable (around $1.00) which cannot be tracked or as first class parcels (around $3.50 +- which include tracking...Not sure what ebay provides as I don't use their labels.
  • I ship out 7 by 9 stay flat with hard sleeve I actually leave thickness at 0 cost me about $ 3.00 and they are tracked and you can add insurance which I do for higher priced items
  • Actually it only has be thicker than 1/4 inch to classify as a parcel. (And the thickness should never be 0)

A 7 x 9,as those are larger than what is classified as first class letter size,can only go as either a flat or a parcel,due to thickness and whether it's rigid or not. Tracking is NOT included on a flat rate envelope but will be included in for a parcel.

The minimum requirements for either a flat or a parcel must be at least 0.007 inches thick

2.0 Physical Standards for Flats
    2.1 General Definition of Flat-Size Mail
    Flat-size mail is:

More than 11-1/2 inches long, or more than 6-1/8 inches high, or more than 1/4 inch thick, except as allowed for EDDM-Retail flats under 140. For general retail mailability, all pieces 1/4 inch thick or less must be a minimum of 5 inches long and 3-1/2 inches high and 0.007 inch thick.
    Not more than 15 inches long, or more than 12 inches high, or more than 3/4 inch thick.
    Flexible (see 2.3).
    Rectangular with four square corners or with finished corners that do not exceed a radius of 0.125 inch (1/8 inch). See Exhibit 201.1.1.1.
    Uniformly thick (see 2.4).
    Unwrapped, sleeved, wrapped, or enveloped.

3.0 Physical Standards for Parcels
    3.1 Processing Categories
    USPS categorizes parcels into one of three mail processing categories: machinable, irregular, or nonmachinable parcel. These categories are based on the physical dimensions of the piece, regardless of the placement (orientation) of the delivery address on the piece. For additional information on the machinable, irregular, and nonmachinable, processing categories see 201.7.0.

3.2 Maximum Weight and Size
    All parcels must be large enough to hold the required delivery address, return address, mailing labels, postage, barcode, endorsements, and other mail markings on the address side of the parcel. For mailability, all pieces 1/4 inch thick or less must be a minimum of 5 inches in length, 3-1/2 inches in height, and 0.007 inch in thickness. No mailpiece may weigh more than 70 pounds or measure more than 108 inches in length and girth combined, except USPS Retail Ground, which may not measure more than 130 inches in length and girth combined. For parcels, length is the distance of the longest dimension and girth is the distance around the thickest part. Lower size or weight standards apply to mail addressed to some APOs and FPOs subject to 703.2.0 and 703.4.0 and for Department of State mail, subject to 703.3.0.

The current counter price at the PO is between $3.80 and $4.20 up to 4 ozs. depending on the zone it's going to.

You may want to try at least putting in a minimum thickness as that may be part of the problem.