Promotions Marketing HippoPostcard

This site is great. I am continuously searching for my top searches.

Are there any efforts out there to market this page to new buyers? And New Sellers? I never see mentions of this page on the countless ephemera groups that I am a member of. I think those avenues would be a great way to get the word out.

Additionally, are there any want lists floating around the page? I would like to start listing postcards, but it would be helpful if we all new what people wanted or the top sales categories.

Thoughts? Comments?

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I am wondering about the promotion too. As a test, I listed a few hundred here and on ebay. The ebay items are selling. People are looking at my cards here but no buyers. I am wondering if I should continue to try and sell here on this site. I hate to waste my time listing things if they aren't going to move at all. If the items weren't moving on ebay, I would think that I had a problem with my listings, or price or something but the ebay items are definitely moving.
  • I've noticed the same thing. I've even listed a tiny bit of ephemera on here to no avail. The strange thing is when we were allowed to list postcards (and a bit of ephemera) on the old Bidstart and Stampwants platforms they sold quite well. A lot of stamp collectors cross platform to postcards and ephemera as they naturally are found together. I just don't think the stamp collectors think to come over - I know that I always wondered what was over here but never took the time to look, I bet others feel that way as well.
  • Used post cards are 'postal history.' List these on HipStamp as well as here and it will help pick sales up a bit.
  • I really don't know that there is any promotion going on- can't seem to find any evidence of search engine optimization for this site, I think that a user focus group might help this company get moving? It feels very stagnant and I am wondering if it is worth the effort to continue listing with them.
  • I saw some ad somewhere the other day when i was hunting for postcards for my own collection. Likely a keyword generated hit. But there are ads out there for hippostcard.